Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Pursuit of God, Week 1


Hey Everyone! 

I hope you had a chance to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend. My wife Page and I took our girls for a good ol' Fall festival day on Saturday, pumpkin patch and all! Attached is a photo of our time in "the patch." If you have a recent photo of yourself or your family, and you would be willing to share, please pass it along. 

I hope you've had a chance to order The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer. If you haven't gotten it yet, that's ok, go ahead and order it when you get a chance.

If you've already started reading, you may have found Chapter 1 to be a little cumbersome to read. If you haven't started reading, just a heads up, it's a little slow to get through. I had to pause several times and re-read a paragraph or sentence in order to make sure I understood what Tozer was trying to say. Don't be discouraged! The whole book is not as cumbersome as chapter 1. Below is the "assignment" for this week. Remember, if this enhances your reading, then great. If not, then read and study in a way that's best for you. 

Assignment for this week: 

Reading - Read the Preface and Chapter 1. As well as Luke 10:38 - 42 and Proverbs 2:1 - 5 

Journal - Much like a friendship or marriage, our relationship with God must be cultivated. We must fight for and pursue our relationship with Jesus. What are 1 or 2 obstacles that stand in the way of taking your relationship with Jesus to the next level? 

Prayer - Psalm 63:1. Read and speak this short verse to Jesus multiple times this week! Here's an example of how I might say this verse to the Lord: 
"Father, you are my God. I love and trust you and I want more of you God. I'm thirsty and hungry for more of you, more of your presence, your power, your love, I want more of you God. I seek you with all of my heart." 

Please feel free to shoot me or the group any questions or comments. I may check in mid-week to see how everyone is doing! 

Praying for each of you by name.

Kevin

P.S. Reminder - It would be great to have a photo of you if you've got one! 


1 comment:

Kevin said...

If you have any questions or comments, leave them here!