Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Review Ch 5 and READ Ch 6 and 7


Hey Everyone! 

Hope all is well as you prepare for Thanksgiving this week. While all the dynamics of this week can often be a bit stressful, I pray this week also serves as a time for you to reflect on and give thanks for, all that God has done for you, in you, through you! Giving thanks and praise to God is part of His will for our lives. 1 Thessalonians 5 says, "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

​I want to apologize to you all - I completely missed sending an email update last week! I hope you've had a chance to read up through chapter 5. This book continues to challenge and encourage my wife and I as we read. Here was just 1 line that really left an impression on me from Ch 5: 

"On our part, there must be surrender to the Spirit of God, for His work is to show us the Father and the Son. If we cooperate with Him in loving obedience, God will manifest Himself to us, and that manifestation will be the difference between a nominal Christian life and a life radiant with the light of His face." (Ch 5, p. 60 in my version)
​There are multiple reasons why I love this sentence. But above all, it reminded me and reflects a prayer I've prayed several times in recent months - 

 "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, 
who walk in the light of your presence, Lord."
Psalm 89:15

​Being in the presence of God is what the Christian life is all about, it's what we were created for, it is what our hearts long for and where our souls find rest, in the presence of our God!

What was one of your favorite lines from Chapter 5? 

Praying for each of you by name! 

Kevin

Assignment for this week: 

Reading - Read Chapter 6 - 7 of Tozer.
Journal - As you pray Psalm 89:15, write your prayer down. 
Prayer - Psalm 89:15 - pray it for yourself, your spouse, family, friends. 
*REMEMBER - if the journaling or prayer is helpful for you, great, if not, please don't feel obligated to it.

No comments: